ESRN - Profile
ESRN is a network of researchers from various disciplines (Ecology, Biology, Hydro-Meteorology, Agronomy, Geology), which have established multidisciplinary working groups, aiming to conduct integrated research under the common umbrella of Environmental Sciences. The core of ESRN currently consists of scientists from Ferrara University (Italy), Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (Greece) and Second University of Naples (Italy). The core of ESRN members is responsible to enrich and maintain the ESRN - Database. The scope of ESRN is to promote the activities of its members through dissemination of their scientific products and to establish cooperation with other scientific groups or individual scientists.
ESRN - Database
ESRN - Database provides research results from various studies conducted by ESRN members. The database hosts GIS data, raw data of experimental measurements, articles and reports. All data are freely available without registration and can be used only for scientific and educational purposes. The commercial use or distribution of the data without written permission from the responsible ESRN members of each dataset is prohibited. In the case of commercial use, the users should contact ESRN - database administrators. Users should acknowledge the ESRN Database (esrn-database.org) and the respective citation (e.g. scientific article, report) that follows each dataset.
Scientific areas covered by ESRN
ESRN working groups cover the following scientific areas:
1. Ecology (Ecological Functions-Indicators, Ecosystem Services, Landscape Ecology and Management, Life Cycle Assessment).
2. Biology (Freshwater fauna and flora - fish, macrozoobenthos, aquatic plants).
3. Hydro-meteorology (Evapotranspiration, aridity, climate indicators).
4. Agronomy (Water and soil resources management in agriculture, pollution from agro-chemicals, cropping systems, Best Management Practices in agriculture).
5. Hydrology and Hydro-geology (Surface and ground water hydraulics, pollution, risk assessment).
Credits for ESRN logo to: https://logomakr.com/